Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic surgery procedure performed on the nose. It is also known as a “nose job”. Its purpose is to change the shape and structure of the little facial appendage. While most people opt for this to improve their appearance, it is a proven fact that this procedure has many functional advantages as well. Many women would like to undergo this surgery. However, they often withhold their decision because of lack of proper information. The best step in this regard would be to look for a dependable doctor and get proper information from them. However, to help you make up your mind, here is some basic and essential details about this procedure.
Rhinoplasty- what you must know about this procedure:
- This can be performed under local or general anesthesia. During this process, your surgeon will make incisions to the bones and cartilage that make up your nose. The next steps depend upon the problem you want to rectify and the desired solution.
- There could be addition or removal of tissue, bone and cartilage to reshape the nose and get the desired results. All incisions are made on the inside areas, so that after the surgery the cuts and scars will not be visible.
- In order to support the nose until it completely heals, a kind of a splint will be placed outside the nose. In some cases, support may also be provided from the inside in the form of nasal packing.
- As far as timeline is concerned, your doctor will be the best person to advise you on this. However, most surgeries are performed as outpatient procedures and only rarely is an overnight hospital stay required.
- The splints and supports are removed in two days to one week, depending upon a variety of factors and the doctor’s judgment of your condition. Be prepared that your face will be sore and puffy for quite a few days after the operation.
- Your doctor will prescribe pain medications, precautions and cold compresses to bring relief from the soreness and discomfort. In about two weeks, you will be totally free from the pain and problems that you are experiencing.
- Look for a certified and dependable doctor who will examine you thoroughly and educate you about the procedure and about the potential risks involved. Also, when you have a skilled doctor, the chances of any mishaps are practically nonexistent and the procedure will be a success.
You can often see celebs sporting a stunning nose thanks to a Rhinoplasty. Now you too can emulate them and get rid of the offenses of nature with the assistance of an able doctor. This is a perfectly safe procedure with permanent effects.